Bringing your baby home is simultaneously one of the most joyful and stressful moments of a new parent’s life. The unknown can be overwhelming and is enough to keep anyone awake at night.
Rest assured, Doulas of Orange County is here to ease your transition into parenthood.
We combine the practicality of hands-on guidance with the luxury of postpartum pampering to ensure each family flourishes during the 4th Trimester. Our highly trained Postpartum Doulas provide discrete, personalized, compassionate support to your family and your babies. Offering both daytime and overnight visits, you can bring your newborn home feeling secure and confident. Whether you're looking to recovery peacefully from your birth, need support through postpartum depression or anxiety, or are in need of more sleep, your doula is there for you! Our team is well-versed in supporting families of all backgrounds and parenting styles including families choosing adoption or surrogacy as well as single parents.
Personalized Care to Meet Your Family’s Needs
Upon inquiry, you will receive a comprehensive intake call to explore our services and discuss your specific needs, followed by a consultation to begin creating your unique postpartum plan. Once hired your doulas are available for in-home visits, connection to resources, and phone/email support and more. Each postpartum home visit is custom tailored for your family's needs. Every day may be different, but every day you will feel fully supported and cared for!
What to Expect From Your Postpartum Doula
- Night Doula/Night Nanny - more sleep for you, your partner and your baby!
- Live-In care at home or hospital for optimal recovery (great for cesarean or twin births!)
- Expert breast, bottle and formula feeding support
- Newborn care guidance and tutorials - swaddling, calming, bathing
- Baby wearing and diapering education
- Nourishing light meal preparation, planning & grocery shopping
- Light Household tidying
- Nursery care management - restocking and organizational tips
- Nurturing care of your baby; so you can nap, shower and eat a warm meal (with two hands!)
- Emotional support of your unique birth and parenting experience
- Resources for those struggling with postpartum depression or anxiety
- Sibling integration and playtime
- Pet care - walking, feeding & socializing
- Information on normal newborn behavior & sleeping patterns
- Tips for healthy sleep habits for your newborn - set them up for sleeping success!
- Referrals and Local Resources
- Daytime and Overnight Care - Visits ranging from 4-24 hours