JOIN OUR TEAM
Thank you for your interest in joining Doulas of Orange County. We are excited to meet you and learn more about your passion for doula work. Here you will find more information on what joining our agency entails. Please read through the Prospective Member Info Guide below before applying. This will answer many of your questions and help you determine if joining our agency is for you.
As owners, we work tirelessly to provide luxurious and exceptional care for all of our clients. It is for that reason that all of our doulas are highly vetted and screened to ensure a high standard and quality of care. It is our mission to elevate the role of the birth and postpartum doula. We do this by combining compassionate client care with unwavering professionalism. These are standards that we expect all of our doulas to uphold while bringing their own unique experience, education, and passion to client work.
Below you will find the application to join our team as an independent contractor. It is an electronic application so please fill it out in it's entirety in one sitting and submit along with a cover letter and resume. Once received we will send you a confirmation email and begin reviewing your application. If we are not hiring at the time of submission we will keep your application on file for the future.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Client inquiries & business logistics handled by us
- Marketing & Networking handled by us
- Chic & modern office space for client consults
- Member Bio listed on our website
- Birth Doula teams with a shared on call schedule
- Built-in backup for Birth + Postpartum Doulas
- Opportunity to teach classes
- Non-Competitive doula-to-doula support
- And More!
- Trained through a professional doula organization.
- Flexible schedule, reliable transportation, working cell phone and childcare access (if applicable)
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold current certification in Child & Infant CPR and Pediatric First Aid by Red Cross or AHA
- Hold liability insurance
- Have a EIN tax ID or DBA for your doula business
- Submit online application, cover letter and resume
- Notify references that we will be in contact
- Review DOC business structure and scope of practice
- In-Person interview with Lauren & Chelsea at our Irvine office
- Sign Independent Contractor Agreement
- Schedule an on-boarding appointment to learn about DOC policies & procedures
- Start taking clients!