At Doulas of Orange County we believe that this shouldn't be a "cookie cutter" experience. One size does not fit all when it comes to pregnancy, birth and parenting. It is for this reason that all of our packages are fully customizable with a variety of services to choose from. During your intake call with owners, Chelsea and Lauren, you will receive recommendations and a customized quote for you unique needs.
beyond doula services...
Belly Binding Services
AN ANCIENT TRADITION WITH MODERN BENEFITS
Bengkung Belly Binding is a comfortable and effective way to promote physical and emotional well-being after pregnancy and birth. This personalized practice is facilitated by one of our Belly Binding Specialists in the comfort of your own home.
The ancient practice of belly binding consists of binding a person’s abdomen with soft, flexible cloth. The act of binding the belly promotes physical recovery and provides comfort and healing for the postpartum womb. Using a long, thin piece of fabric, your Belly Binding Specialist will snugly wrap your torso from just below your chest to just below your hips. The goal is to provide support to your abdominal wall and core muscles, improve your posture, support loose ligaments, and assist your organs in returning to their pre-pregnancy positions. Belly-binding is available to support your recovery from a vaginal or cesarean birth.
THE BENEFITS OF BELLY BINDING:
- Core Support
- Pelvic Floor Support
- Decrease in Postpartum Bleeding Time
- Posture Support (especially while breastfeeding!)
- Minimize Physical Discomforts
- Promotes Postpartum Self-Care and Rest
- Increases Circulation & Decreases Water Retention
Your 90 Minute Session includes your own personal wrap, 4oz massage oil and warming paste, hands-on wrapping from your specialist, a demonstration for you or a partner on how to wrap, along with guidelines on appropriate length of use for your specific needs. Services are provided throughout Orange County.
take advantage of the safe, nourishing power of your placenta
At Doulas of Orange County, we follow a very strict professional and safety protocol throughout the encapsulation process. Our team specializes in the Traditional Method of preparing placenta capsules, tinctures, and salves. This method involves steaming and dehydrating the placenta prior to consumption to limit risk of infection. We steam first in order to raise the internal temperature to 160*, adhering to known food safety guidelines, followed by dehydration at 160* for 120+ minutes per the Center For Disease Control guidelines. Raw preparation (including smoothies) is available upon request following confirmation of no maternal infection after the birth.
Preparation is available in the comfort of your own home by request. This option allows you to observe and control the level of cleanliness, our sanitation protocols, and learn proper storage practices. Take comfort in knowing that your Placenta Specialist has obtained the appropriate Bloodborne Pathogen Course Completion Certification and adheres to the strictest standards of safety as set forth by OSHA and the EPA and abiding by all local health department guidelines for food preparation and safety protocols.
TRADITIONALLY, PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION HAS BEEN SHOW TO HELP:
- Balance Post-Birth Hormones
- Increase Milk-Supply
- Increase Post-Birth Iron Levels
- Increase Energy
- Prevent and Treat “Baby Blues”
- Reduce Postpartum Bleeding
WITH DOULAS OF ORANGE COUNTY YOU WILL RECEIVE THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF CARE INCLUDING:
- Prenatal & Postpartum On-Call Support
- Specialist Transportation Available
- In-Home Preparation Available
- Full placenta preparation of capsules, tinctures, and salves
- Glass Amber Container & Storage Instructions
- Guidelines for consumption
- Telephone, text, or email support regarding placenta consumption guidelines
Maternity & Baby Concierge
EXPERIENCE A BLISSFUL PRENATAL AND PARENTING JOURNEY
Let Doulas of Orange County take care of planning the prenatal & postpartum essentials. This luxury service provides you access to bountiful resources and support as you prepare your home and your life for your new addition. Your in-home consultation with owners Chelsea & Lauren will provide everything you need to feel prepared and confident for the journey ahead.
Postpartum & Baby
- Meal Planning and Preparation for the Postpartum Year
- Freezer Stash Preparation
- Fresh Meals Prepared Weekly
- Customizable Meal Plans
- Consultations with a Registered Dietitian
- Birth & Newborn Photography
- In-Home Babywearing Consultation (including trial of various carriers)
- Baby Proofing Consultation
Maternity & Birth
- Birth Planning 101 (Birth Options, Packing List, OB-GYN & Midwife Referrals)
- Baby Shower Registry Consultation & Management
- Eco-Baby Nursery Consultation
- Postpartum Planning 101 (Postpartum Expectations, Home & Freezer Meal Preparation)
- Virtual Doula Support for non-Orange County residents
- Sibling Doula Support for your little one