One Day Childbirth Education Workshop
Doulas of Orange County offers a comprehensive and unbiased approach to childbirth education, focusing on the unique needs of the class participants, along with evidence based information.
Our goal is to assist parents in preparing for their birth with confidence, by providing them with the tools needed to make informed decisions every step of the way. In this One day, 7 hour workshop, Orange County families will learn about pregnancy health and nutrition, physiology of labor, relaxation and pain management techniques, birth choices, standard procedures and how to confidently navigate through all of their options. The class will include hands-on activities that will create a deeper bond with a mother's partner and prepare them for the incredible experience of childbirth.
Our classes include judgment-free discussion of all birthing options and scenarios including natural birth plans, pain medications and cesareans. We encourage our students to share openly and connect with other parents in the class to begin building their community for years to come!
1 day workshop : 7 hours of class education, with 1hr lunch break (you're welcome to bring your lunch or we can make recommendations of nearby places)
• Understand the Stages of Labor and emotional/physical markers
• Develop their ideal vision and desires for labor and birth
• Learn comfort through Massage, Movement, Meditation and Relaxation
• Practice properly paced breathing
• Explore Non-Medicated and Medicated Pain Relief Options
• Discover Labor and Birthing Positions for comfort and progression
• Expectations for "The Welcoming Hour" after baby arrives
• How to facilitate bonding in those first hours after birth
• Utilizing Tools: Birth Ball, Distraction, Breathing, Counter Pressure, Massage, Hot/Cold Therapy, and more
Attendees: Parent & one support person